Royal Highland Christmas
LOCH NESS, GLENCOE & SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS CHRISTMAS TOUR
An unforgettable Christmas tour in the stunning Scottish Highlands. Join like-minded travellers celebrating far from home on this Festive Highland adventure. There’s the legendary Scottish hospitality but also snow-capped mountains, gorgeous lochs and glens, traditional dancing and a slap up Christmas dinner at your exclusive Royal Highland Hotel... Awesome!
- Christmas in the Royal Highland Hotel - where Queen Victoria once stayed!
- Mulled wine by the Grand Staircase (inspiration for the design of the staircase on the Titanic)
- Traditional Scottish Ceilidh night, HAGGiS-style! (Scottish dancing)
- Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and wine
- Enjoy the party atmosphere in Inverness, Capital of the Highlands
- Discover Loch Ness and eerie Glencoe
- Take part in the biggest snowball fight of your life (snow permitting!)
- Your legendary local HAGGiS Guide
- 2 nights accommodation (2 nights hotel)
- Traditional Christmas dinner including wine
- Two Full Scottish breakfasts
- Two Packed lunches
- Christmas Eve dinner
- Mulled wine on arrival to the Royal Highland Hotel
- A traditional Scottish Ceilidh
- 2 nights hotel twin/triple share
(Special cancellation charges apply to this product - up to 22 days prior to departure 50% refund. Within 21 days - no refund)
Day 1: Edinburgh to Inverness
Tour starts 8.45am. We leave Scotland's capital and head past Stirling, home to legends such as William Wallace and Robert the Bruce and the scene of many of Scotland’s most famous and bloody battles. Our route north takes us through the dramatic Glencoe, the sight of the great massacre of 1692. From here, we follow Loch Ness and hunt for the monster, then further north to our magnificent accommodation in the Royal Highland Hotel in Inverness. Once frequented by Royalty, the hotel boasts Queen Victoria as a past guest. After dinner on us we head into town for a great night in the capital of the Highlands! (D)
Day 2: Christmas in the Highlands
Christmas Day will never be the same again. We'll make the most of whatever the unpredictable Highland winter weather throws at us! We'll take in the fresh sea air to fight off any remaining hangovers on the white sandy beach at Dornoch or head inland in search of a site for a clan battle of our very own…. with snowballs! A few snow-angel and snowman building attempts will set us up for the slap-up Christmas feast awaiting our return to the hotel. After loads of grub and wine you can grab a partner and work off some of your Christmas indulgencies with traditional Scottish Ceilidh dancing in ‘The Wallace Ballroom’ with its classic furnishings, antique portraits, works of art and glorious crystal chandeliers. A party-night HAGGiS-style fit for the Royals and one to make Christmas away from home something really special! (B, L, D)
Day 3: Inverness to Edinburgh
We leave Inverness and head to eerie Culloden battlefield, site of the defeat of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s Jacobite uprising in 1746. Heading south we make our way through the mountains of Cairngorms National Park to Dunkeld with its mighty cathedral in Macbeth country before crossing the Forth Road Bridge on our return to Edinburgh arriving approximately 5pm. (B, L)
No stress, your accommodation is booked and included in the price.
We stay at the Royal Highland Hotel in Double / Twin / Triple share.
BEFORE AND AFTER TOUR
We don't reserve accommodation before your tour starts or after your tour finishes.
We recommend checking out our Accommodation section under 'Essential Info'.