When the world’s largest Arts Festival comes to one of the UK’s most beautiful cities, you need to find a very good reason to stay away. Our weekender trip is a blast of energy and total submersion into the Edinburgh Festival madness. We’ll give you a walking tour of the city, recommend the best places to access the thousands of shows and unbelievable street performances plus throw in a ticket to the world famous Military Tattoo in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle!
- The Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Festival Street Performers
- A walking tour of Edinburgh's Old Town
- The buzzing Fringe Festival atmosphere
Free time / Optionals
- Comedy, Musical, Theatre and Literary Festival shows by the thousand
- A Ghost Tour of Edinburgh's medieval Old Town
- Climb Arthur's Seat for stunning views of the capital
- All city centre accommodation (2 nights)
- Your legendary local Guide
- A ticket to the world famous Military Tattoo
- Walking tour of Edinburgh
- FREE Lonely Planet guidebook
Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh
Check into your city centre hostel then join us for a welcome drink. Let us take you round some of the most interesting and happening drinking establishments in Edinburgh on the legendary HAGGiS pub crawl.
Day 2: Edinburgh Festival
This morning we take you on a walking tour of our capital city which is filled a rich history and some pretty weird and wonderful stories form the centuries past... The afternoon is free to enjoy a few of the hundreds of shows in the Edinburgh Festival. The evening is the main event though at The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo with massed pipe bands and international performers. The Tattoo is world renowned and is performed outdoors in a stadium built especially for the event in the forecourt of Edinburgh Castle. For location and atmosphere (plus fireworks), this is a Scottish night you will never forget.
Day 3: More Festival action
Spend the day taking in the buzz of the Festival watching the many performers who fill the streets. You can also join an optional Ghost Tour which takes you into the vaults beneath the city streets to hear stories of Auld Reekie's gruesome past. Or walk up Arthur's Seat, an extinct volcano with stunning views and a chance to get some fresh air after the late night you've just had.